Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today my Dad turned 56.  This post is dedicated to him.  :)  Prepare for cheesy truths.

I know my Dad has always worked hard to make things good for me.  I have so many great memories from my childhood (and even more recent) that I love to think about.  When I was really little I remember him coming home from work and I would run up and give him a hug and smell the dentist office mixed with the smell of his old truck.  He would play the piano for us and read to us at night...probably the same old books over and over.  One of my fondest memories was waking up on Saturday mornings to him cooking up a big country style breakfast.  I knew he loved these mornings because he would always whistle some silly song...and he always whistles when he's happy.

My Dad has always been very active.  He would ride bikes with us, play basketball with us, take us out in his canoe.  He built us furniture and took us out to Grandma's and let us run around in the woods.  He used to go jogging in our neighborhood.  When I was in junior high I would go running with him sometimes.  I think I run like him now, with my thumbs sticking up.  :)

In college, Dad came to visit me in Spain.  He stayed a whole week and travelled with me.  I felt so cool showing him everything I had seen and learned while I was there.  It was the first time he had been out of the country, and I was his tour guide. :)

Dad was there when I got married.



And again when I had Soren



Dad has stuck by me through lots of things.  He's been there for me through it all...even the crazy stuff.

I love you, Dad!  Happy Birthday!  and many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment