Saturday, January 9, 2010

your typical church revival?

Here are some girls who make me smile.




The youth of Argonia organized what I could best describe as a revival.  It took place tonight at the high school gym (only in a town like this could you have a religious event of this nature at a public school).  Before it started, my good friend showed me her socks.


I did not enhance this photo in any way.  Those are the true colors.

Anyway, a few kids gave their testimonies and we had some time to worship and then listen to a preacher remind us to get serious about Jesus.



I think a few did decide to get serious about Jesus tonight.

Can you believe it?  Soren slept through the WHOLE thing...he's still asleep now...that makes 6+ hours...he's going to be awake all night.



Florescent light isn't flattering for anyone, including babies.

Wil and I have started a new tradition since we moved here of watching a movie every night after Soren goes to bed (thank you, Netflix!)....last night was "Ghost Town", which left something to be desired.  Tonight I might not make it to a movie.  I'm pretty sleepy.

Oh, and I successfully ran a mile today in 17 degree weather.  On my route I discovered that Argonia has a recycling center!   Hopefully this means I won't have to drive into Wichita with bags full of glass jars and old mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment