Thursday, February 18, 2010

A lot can happen in 10 days!

Sorry for the delay, family!  When we first got here I felt like we weren't ever doing anything and I was starting to get nervous.  Believe it or not our schedule is filling up fast now.  With a few things thrown in here and there, here is how our schedule generally looks after being up at the church all day on Sunday:

Monday & Tuesday Wil is off.  On Mondays we go into Wichita to kind of take a break from our quaint little town and get some grocery shopping done, peruse the city and discover fun little shops and family owned restaurants.  On Tuesdays we stick around Argonia and just sort of take it easy, preparing for Wednesday and any weekend events that are coming up.

Wednesday is a full day too!  The jr high kiddos come over after school and hang out, play cards, eat popcorn and drink plenty of soda.  Then we all head on over to the Methodist Church for Community Youth Group from 6-9.  6-7:30 is the Jr. High.  7:30-9 is High School.  During Community Youth Group someone presents a short lesson and then we play a game.  (Just so you know, I've played more games since I've lived here than I have my entire life.  Not an exaggeration.)

Thursday is a little slower.  Wil works a lot in his office (downstairs)...I end up cleaning up whatever's left from the shenanigans the night before.  Thursday is usually open for basketball games or whatever other random thing is going on.

Friday is basketball day.  We're down the street at the high school gym from about 4-9 every Friday, cheering on the infamous Lady Raiders (and Boy Raiders too, but the Lady Raiders are the real hosses).

Saturday is usually occupied by some event.  Bowling Parties, Quiz tournaments, etc.

This weekend, Wil is gone on a Youth Pastor's Retreat in Colorado...so I'm really just taking it easy.  I'm kind of enjoying the alone time (I think we both are).  Despite the schedule I just laid out for you, there's a lot about this job that is sort of last minute, which is fine, but after a while the lack of consistency can be kind of draining.  It's just bad for Wil and I because we both love to make detailed calendars and lists and have everything planned out.  ;)  Don't get me wrong.  We LOVE this place and Wil loves his job (who wouldn't?  It's stinkin awesome!).  But it's a challenge and it's new, to us and to every single person in Argonia.  Keep us in your prayers!

In other news, Soren is a-growin!  I keep trying to get him to crawl.  I put a toy a foot or two out of his reach, but he ends up just scooting in a circle and if he's close enough, he just grabs the toy and pulls it to his mouth.  The little toot.

Besides Mondays, Wednesday is probably my favorite day of the week.  The jr high kids really make my day...I mean REALLY.  This week we played charades.  At first it was slow going.  We were having trouble coming up with fun ideas...and then Wil and I decided to just get plain weird...that's what we're good at anyway.  So, we made them act out a few interesting scenes:



This one was done by Krissy...I think she did a fabulous job. :)



Here's Faith trying to get them to guess "riding on a motorcycle with a bear"



They were having a hard time.



My personal favorite: "making a peanut butter sandwich with a lizard in your ear"

Ah man, good times.

Last week, Wil and I took a drive around Kansas to get some shots with my zoom lens.  We passed a few herds of cows, so I got out and headed into the field a tiny bit, just to get a better view.  I have a zoom lens but it's not a telescope.  Anyway, this dude saw me and was NOT happy.  He watched me like a hawk the whole time.  SO, I left.  Didn't want to cause a stampede!


Then we stumbled upon a nice feed lot and I got some great shots there.  Here's one I like.



Anyway, that's about it.  I'll try to update more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment